*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
New York City - West Village, Chelsea & the Meatpacking District (PDF Chapter)
There’s a very good reason why this area is known as the Village: it looks like one! Quaint, quiet lanes carve their way between brown-brick townhouses offering endless strolling for locals, or tourists coming to see what all the fuss is about.
- pack a picnic lunch from Chelsea Market and have a uniquely pastoral moment on the thin strand of green along the High Line as it soars above the gridiron
- check out the brightest art stars at the top galleries in Chelsea
- walk through Washington Square Park, pause under the signature arch, then loiter at the fountain to eavesdrop on gossiping NYU kids
- restaurants & bars
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.