New York City - Upper West Side & Central Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the Upper West Side & Central Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s New York City guidebook.
New York’s antidote to the endless stretches of concrete, Central Park is a verdant escape from honking horns and sunless sidewalks. Lining the park with inspired residential towers, the Upper West Side is home to the Lincoln Center.
- head to Central Park to escape the city’s frantic urban madness, with a day spent picnick-ing on Sheep Meadow, row-boating on the lake and strolling the grand Literary Walk
- plunge into the sheer depth of artistic choices at the Lincoln Center, with some of the world’s best opera, ballet, classical music, film and theatre
- walk among some of the world’s largest dinosaurs and run your hand along the pitted sur-face of the largest meteorite in the US at the American Museum of Natural History
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.