New York City - Upper East Side (PDF Chapter)
This is the Upper East Side chapter from Lonely Planet’s New York City guide-book.
There are infinite ways to tackle this large, well-heeled neighborhood. Start early if you can – visiting the Metropolitan Museum of Art alone can easily take up an entire morning. Pop into Central Park and join the hordes picnicking or lying about Cedar Hill.
- spend a few hours (or weeks) wandering amid the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s priceless treasures, from mesmerizing Egyptian artifacts to Renaissance masterpieces
- walk the spiral ramp of Frank Lloyd Wright’s iconic Guggenheim Museum on the trail of its latest installation of modern art
- gaze at the lush, gilded paintings of Gustav Klimt at the Neue Galerie, followed up by a leisurely lunch of Viennese specialties at the museum’s elegant cafe
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.