Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
New York City - Upper East Side (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
There are infinite ways to tackle this large, well-moneyed neighborhood. Begin with a walk south down Fifth Ave, starting at about 96th St. This will take you down storied Museum Mile, which is studded with vintage mansions and prestigious museums.
- spend a few hours (or weeks) wandering amid the priceless treasures, from mesmerizing Egyptian artifacts to Renaissance masterpieces, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- walk the spiral ramps of Frank Lloyd Wright’s architectural masterpiece, the Guggenheim Museum
- gaze at the gilded masterpieces of Gustav Klimt at the Neue Galerie
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights: Guggenheim Museum, Metropolitan Museum of Art (MET) and more, Eating, Memorable Manhattan Movies Neighborhood Walk, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.