New York City - Understand New York City and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the New York City Today, History, The NYC Table, The Arts, Architecture, Queer City: From Stonewall to Marriage Equality, NYC on Screen, Transportation, and Directory A–Z chapters from Lonely Planet’s New York City guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, food and the city’s iconic architecture, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for gay and lesbian travellers and travellers with disabilities.
- a rundown on the city’s population and demographics
- info on NYC cuisine and specialties
- full coverage of the New York Arts scene
- details on experiencing the New York of the big and small screens
Coverage includes: New York City Today, History, The NYC Table, The Arts, Architecture, Queer City: From Stonewall to Marriage Equality, NYC on Screen, Transportation and Directory A–Z.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.