New York City - SoHo & Chinatown (PDF Chapter)
This is the SoHo & Chinatown chapter from Lonely Planet’s New York City guidebook.
Like a colorful quilt of subneighborhoods sewn together in mismatched patches, the areas orbiting SoHo feel like a string of mini republics. Style mavens boutique-hop in Nolita, Italo-Americans channel Napoli in ever-shrinking Little Italy, and Chinese families gossip over xiao long bao in hyperactive Chinatown.
- max out the credit cards on SoHo’s big-name fashion streets, then hunt out lesser-known labels on the cognoscenti sidewalks of nearby Nolita and NoHo
- slurp soup dumplings and haggle for designer wares of ambiguous authenticity amid the sizzling lights of Chinatown
- get your fix of rich sugo or a delicate tiramisu, while listening in on grandfathers sipping grappa and speaking in the mother tongue in Little Italy
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.