*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
New York City - SoHo & Chinatown (PDF Chapter)
The areas orbiting SoHo (SOuth of HOuston) feel like a string of mini republics. Style-mavens boutique hop in Nolita (NOrth of LIttle ITAly), Italo-Americans channel Napoli in Little Italy, and Chinese families gossip over xiao long bao (soup dumplings) in Chinatown.
- max out the credit cards on SoHo’s big-name fashion streets, followed by cool-hunting and lesser-known labels on the cognoscenti sidewalks of nearby Nolita and NoHo
- slurp soup dumplings and haggling for designer wares of ambiguous authenticity amid the sizzling lights of Chinatown
- snoop around the time-jarred Merchant’s House Museum, imagining NYC life in the wild and dusty 1800s
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights: Chinatown and more, Chinatown Neighborhood Walk, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, An Artisanal Afternoon in SoHo Local Life, and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.