New York City - Queens (PDF Chapter)
This is the Queens chapter from Lonely Planet’s New York City guidebook.
Of the city’s five boroughs, Queens is top dog in size and runner-up in head count. Any-where else, it would be a major city in its own right. So where to begin?
- feel inspired at the Museum of Modern Art’s cross-river sibling, Moma PS1. This cultural hub displays edgy, world-class artwork, not to mention lectures, performances and an electric summer party series.
- relive your favorite film and TV moments at Astoria’s contemporary tribute to the small and silver screens, the Museum of the Moving Image
- head out to the seaside at Rockaway by subway (or better yet ferry) for surfing, rock-loving waterfront eateries and miles of shimmering beaches
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.