New York City - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to New York City, New York City’s Top 16, What’s New, Need to Know, First Time New York City, Getting Around, Top Itineraries, If You Like..., Month By Month, Travel with Children, Like a Local, For Free, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities, and LGBTIQ New York City chapters from Lonely Planet’s New York City guidebook.
Your journey to New York City starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your adventure: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info on the city’s plethora of festivals and events.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know about getting around NYC, whether by subway, bus, taxi and ferry
- user-friendly country overview ensures you won’t miss a thing
Coverage includes: Welcome to New York City, New York City’s Top 16, What’s New, Need to Know, First Time New York City, Getting Around, Top Itineraries, If You Like: Museums, Skyline Views, Historic Sights, Free Stuff, Old-School New York, Green Spaces, Staying Up Late, Ultimate Indulgences, Hidden Hangouts, Venturing off the Beaten Path, Month By Month, Travel with Children, Like a Local, For Free, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertain-ment, Shopping, Sports & Activities, and LGBTIQ New York City.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout