New York City - Midtown (PDF Chapter)
This is the Midtown chapter from Lonely Planet’s New York City guidebook.
Midtown is big, brazen and best seen on foot, so slice it up and enjoy it bit by bit. The top end of Fifth Ave makes for a fabled introduction, home to Tiffany & Co, MoMA and the Rockefeller Center’s Top of the Rock observation deck.
- play spot the landmark at the Rockefeller Center’s jaw-dropping Top of the Rock observa-tion deck, or sip cocktails at grown-ups-only SixtyFive five floors down.
- hang out with Picasso, Warhol and Rothko, or grab a spectacular bite to eat or a fine cock-tail at this blockbuster Museum of Modern Art
- peruse the racks for fine art prints, fascinating old used books, or just inhale the ev-er-more-rare smell of an actual bookstore at Argosy
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.