New York City - Midtown (PDF Chapter)
This is the home of the NYC found on postcards: Times Square, Empire State Building, Broadway theaters, canyons of skyscrapers, and bustling crowds. The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), Bryant Park and the grand shops along Fifth Ave are also here.
- play spot the landmark at the jaw-dropping Top of the Rock, the Rockefeller Center’s observation deck, or sipping cocktails at grown-ups-only SixtyFive five floors down
- hang out with Picasso, Warhol and Rothko at the blockbuster Museum of Modern Art
- conduct shopping sorties on and around Fifth and Madison Aves
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights: Times Square, Empire State Building, Museum of Modern Art, Grand Central Terminal, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Chrysler Building and more, Eating, A Midtown Meander Neighborhood Walk, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.