New York City - Lower Manhattan & the Financial District (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lower Manhattan & the Financial District chapter from Lonely Planet’s New York City guidebook.
Home to icons such as Wall St, the National September 11 Memorial and Museum, and the Statue of Liberty, the southern end of Manhattan pulses with businesslike energy during the day. For an evening buzz on any night, head to Tribeca’s renowned eateries and drinking dens.
- climb up inside America’s most famous statue, the Statue of Liberty, peer out from her crown and see the world’s greatest city spread out before you
- reflect on loss, hope and resilience at New York City’s beautifully transformed Ground Ze-ro, the National September 11 Memorial & Museum
- zip up to the top of the Western Hemisphere’s tallest building, One World Trade Center, for a knockout panorama of Manhattan and beyond at One World Observatory
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.