Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
New York City - East Village & Lower East Side (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
If you’ve been dreaming of those quintessential New York City moments, then the East Village is your Holy Grail. It’s a mixed bag, indeed, and perhaps one of the most emblematic of today’s city.
- admire the off-white webbing of the boxy facade of the New Museum of Contemporary Art, then wander in to appreciate mind-bending iterations of art across myriad media
- witness the shockingly cramped conditions of early immigrants at the brilliantly curated Lower East Side Tenement Museum
- pass knickknack shops and sake bars on St Marks Place, then head to the neighboring streets for a quieter round of nibbling and boutique-ing
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights: Lower East Side Tenement Museum, New Museum of Contemporary Art, St Marks Place and more, Eating, East Village Nostalgia Neighborhood Walk, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.