New York City - Day Trips from New York City (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Day Trips from New York City chapter from Lonely Planet’s New York City guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from New York City and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include The Hamptons and Fire Island.
- new York’s version of Malibu is a sweeping coastline studded with opulent mansions that host see-and-be-seen summer parties. Surprises include Native American sites, charming village main streets and wild state parks
- this car-free getaway ramps up in summer with tiny rental bungalows, chill beach bars and, at one end, a famous gay scene, roaring with drag queens and carefree clubs. The wild setting, with sand streets and miles of beaches, restores calm
- wine tasting at Long Island’s vineyards is a fun day’s ramble, capped by main-street strolling and alfresco dining at waterside Greenport
- you could spend weeks exploring this region, with great hiking, open air sculpture, charm-ing towns and historic homes of American greats (Irving, Roosevelt and Vanderbilt in-cluded)
- supplement your pilgrimage to hippiedom with a round of antiquing and quiet walks in protected parks
Coverage includes: The Hamptons, Fire Island, North Fork & Shelter Is-land, Hudson Valley, Woodstock.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.