Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
New York City - Day Trips from New York City (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from New York City and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include The Hamptons and Fire Island.
- The Hamptons is a sweeping coastline studded with opulent mansions that host see-and-be-seen summer parties
- Fire Island ramps up in summer with tiny rental bungalows, chill beach bars and, at one end, a famous gay scene, roaring with drag queens and a carefree clubs
- wine-tasting at Long Island’s vineyards is a fun day’s ramble, capped by main-street strolling and alfresco dining at waterside Greenport
- you could spend weeks exploring the Hudson Valley, with great hiking, open-air sculpture, charming towns and historic homes of American greats
- supplement your pilgrimage to Woodstock’s hippiedom with a round of antiquing and quiet walks in protected parks
Coverage includes: The Hamptons, Fire Island, North Fork, Hudson Valley, Woodstock & Saugerties.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.