*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
New York City - Day Trips from New York City (PDF Chapter)
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from New York City and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include The Hamptons and Fire Island.
- The Hamptons is a sweeping coastline studded with opulent mansions that host see-and-be-seen summer parties
- Fire Island ramps up in summer with tiny rental bungalows, chill beach bars and, at one end, a famous gay scene, roaring with drag queens and a carefree clubs
- wine-tasting at Long Island’s vineyards is a fun day’s ramble, capped by main-street strolling and alfresco dining at waterside Greenport
- you could spend weeks exploring the Hudson Valley, with great hiking, open-air sculpture, charming towns and historic homes of American greats
- supplement your pilgrimage to Woodstock’s hippiedom with a round of antiquing and quiet walks in protected parks
Coverage includes: The Hamptons, Fire Island, North Fork, Hudson Valley, Woodstock & Saugerties.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.