New York City - Brooklyn (PDF Chapter)
This is the Brooklyn chapter from Lonely Planet’s New York City guidebook.
Home to more than 2.6 million people spread across 71 sq miles, Brooklyn is a universe unto its own. There’s much to see here, from charming brownstone-lined neighborhoods and beauti-fully landscaped parks to cutting-edge art galleries and seaside amusement parks.
- run, cycle, lounge, skate, boulder, watch the sun set – and more – at Brooklyn Bridge Park, 85 acres of multifarious parkland perfectly situated along the East River
- wander through the nearly 600 acres of woodlands, meadows, lakes and more in Prospect Park, the park that Central Park designers Vaux and Olmsted considered their crowning achievement
- discover the prodigious collections of the Brooklyn Museum, from one of the nation’s finest exhibits of ancient Egyptian art to groundbreaking feminist art from the 1970s
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.