*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
New Orleans - Uptown & Riverbend (PDF Chapter)
This is the Uptown & Riverbend chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Orleans guidebook.
As well as housing the impressive Audobon Park and Zoo, Uptown and Riverbend are a foodie’s delight, with no shortage of options and new eateries putting a gourmet spin on old favorites such as pizza, hamburgers and hot dogs.
- savor a blue-cheese smothered steak and a slice of alligator-sausage cheesecake at Jacques-Imo’s Café before catching some live music next door
- ride the St Charles Ave streetcar to the scenic campus of Tulane University, where you can learn about art, jazz and African American history
- stroll beneath live oaks in Audubon Park then ogle alligators, foxes and swamp monsters in the Audubon Zoo
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.