New Orleans - Uptown & Riverbend (PDF Chapter)
This is the Uptown & Riverbend chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Orleans guidebook.
Check out the Audubon Zoo, explore the shops and galleries in Magazine St, enjoy dinner on Freret St, then catch a band or grab drinks at a local joint such as Tipitina’s: Uptown and River-bend are packed with options for wandering and eating.
- stroll beneath live oaks in Audubon Park then ogling alligators, foxes and swamp monsters at Audubon Zoo
- ride the St Charles Avenue Streetcar while taking in the mansions and grandeur of this beautiful part of New Orleans
- grab a ceramic souvenir while chatting with the friendly owners of Potsalot, a Magazine St pottery hub
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.