New Orleans - Understand New Orleans and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the New Orleans Today, History, People of New Orleans, Architecture, Music, Environment, Transportation, and Directory A–Z chapters from Lonely Planet’s New Orleans guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, architecture and music to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids.
- a rundown on the history of New Orleans, from its native inhabitants to 20th Century preservation and tourism
- info on the architecture of New Orleans and what influences shaped the cityscape
- full coverage of the famous and eclectic New Orleans music scene
- details on the environment and Louisiana’s vanishing coast
Coverage includes: New Orleans Today, History, People of New Orleans, Architecture, Music, Environment, Transportation, and Directory A–Z.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.