New Orleans - Treme-Lafitte (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tremé-Lafitte chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Orleans guide-book.
Few neighborhoods hold their finger on the city’s cultural pulse like the Tremé. This handful of square blocks has had a disproportionate impact on world music: this is where jazz was in-vented.
- Second Lines – neighborhood parades – can be found across New Orleans, but they often originate in, or at least pass through, Tremé-Lafitte
- we’re not exaggerating: there is basically at least one free music event in Louis Armstrong Park every month
- Bayou Rd between Esplanade Ave and Broad St is a bricked-over thoroughfare that makes for a wonderful, short stroll
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.