New Orleans - Mid-City, Bayou St John & City Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mid-City, Bayou St John & City Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Orle-ans guidebook.
Explore the ‘green’ sections of these neighborhoods by bike – roll up attractive Esplanade Ave to City Park, drop into the New Orleans Museum of Art, then stop in for dinner at Café Degas or 1000 Figs, before a drink at Pal’s or Twelve Mile Limit.
- spend a lazy afternoon at City Park, checking out art, outdoor sculptures, gardens and a toy train, then bliss out under an oak tree as the world spins by
- laze the day away by Bayou St John, the man-made waterway that runs through the heart of the city, or head out with a kayak and a paddle
- wander around the statuary and green landscaping of Sydney & Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.