*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - discount taken at checkout. See terms.
New Orleans - Mid Centre & the Treme (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mid-City & the Tremé chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Orleans guidebook.
The Tremé is the oldest African American neighborhood in the country, while on its west side is Mid-City and its long lanes of shotgun houses, poor projects as well as the lovely green spaces of City Park, the mansions of Esplanade Avenue and Bayou St John.
- spend a lazy afternoon at City Park and check out the outdoor sculptures, gardens and a toy train before you bliss out under an oak tree as the world spins by
- stop by the Backstreet Cultural Museum and admire the finely crafted detail of Mardi Gras Indian suits as well as info on Second Line parades
- indulge in a night of good barbecue and better cocktails at Twelve Mile Limit
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.