*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
New Orleans - Mid Centre & the Treme (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mid-City & the Tremé chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Orleans guidebook.
The Tremé is the oldest African American neighborhood in the country, while on its west side is Mid-City and its long lanes of shotgun houses, poor projects as well as the lovely green spaces of City Park, the mansions of Esplanade Avenue and Bayou St John.
- spend a lazy afternoon at City Park and check out the outdoor sculptures, gardens and a toy train before you bliss out under an oak tree as the world spins by
- stop by the Backstreet Cultural Museum and admire the finely crafted detail of Mardi Gras Indian suits as well as info on Second Line parades
- indulge in a night of good barbecue and better cocktails at Twelve Mile Limit
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.