New Orleans - Garden, Lower Garden & Central City (PDF Chapter)
This is the Garden, Lower Garden & Central City chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Or-leans guidebook.
The Garden District, Lower Garden District and Central City are three distinct neighborhoods, each offering different experiences: the Garden exudes Old Southern excess, the Lower Garden has a studenty vibe and Central City has a concentration of community activist organizations.
- sip 25¢ martinis and savor bread pudding soufflé at ever-stylish Commander’s Palace, one of the most enjoyable ways to live like a local
- take a sidewalk stroll past lush lawns and stately mansions
- learn about the past at Lafayette Cemetery No 1, where crypts hold tragic tales
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Walking Tour, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.