*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
New Orleans - Garden, Lower Garden & Central City (PDF Chapter)
This is the Garden, Lower Garden & Central City chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Or-leans guidebook.
The Garden District, Lower Garden District and Central City are three distinct neighborhoods, each offering different experiences: the Garden exudes Old Southern excess, the Lower Garden has a studenty vibe and Central City has a concentration of community activist organizations.
- sip 25¢ martinis and savor bread pudding soufflé at ever-stylish Commander’s Palace, one of the most enjoyable ways to live like a local
- take a sidewalk stroll past lush lawns and stately mansions
- learn about the past at Lafayette Cemetery No 1, where crypts hold tragic tales
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Walking Tour, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.