New Orleans - French Quarter (PDF Chapter)
This is the French Quarter chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Orleans guide-book.
To many visitors, Bourbon St is the neon heart of bad behavior, where the drinks are as fluo-rescent as the lights. Skip this side and you’ll find a compact neighborhood where historical preservation, incredible dining and great nightlife intersect like nowhere else.
- walk up and down the Mississippi River along the Riverfront, watching crowds disembark-ing from ferries, listening to music and watching buskers along the way
- catch a concert and seeing living local culture playing its Dixieland heart out at New Orle-ans Jazz Museum
- slow-sip a marvelous cocktail in Bar Tonique, a busy spot often frequented by bartend-ers
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.