Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
New Orleans - Day Trips from New Orleans (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Day Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Orleans guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from New Orleans and they can all be completed in a day. Must-sees include River Road Plantations and St Francisville.
- graceful antebellum mansions with elaborate gardens dot River Road, with majestic live oaks and clustered slave shanties offering a glimpse into a foreign but not-too-distant past
- in St Francisville antiques, birds and ghost stories, plus a few plantations, make a fine trip. And that’s without mentioning the museum at the 18,000-acre penitentiary in Angola
- join the party - or the fais-do-do (Cajun dance) - in Lafayette and Breaux Bridge, where Ca-jun dance halls and crawfish boils keep things lively. And the food? It’s serious business around here
- suit up for dancing and a lot of great music in the prairielands, where a young wave of fid-dlers and accordion players keep Cajun and zydeco music relevant - and fun
- swamps, alligators, oil and a whole lot of Cajun culture can be found ‘down the bayou’. Soak it all in - and enjoy fresh seafood - on a road trip that’s best done slow
Coverage includes: River Road Plantations, St Francisville, Lafeyette, Breaux Bridge, Cajun Prairie, Down the Bayou.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.