New Orleans - CBD & Warehouse District (PDF Chapter)
This is the CBD & Warehouse District chapter from Lonely Planet’s New Orleans guidebook.
Here, you’ll find theaters like the Joy and Saenger, two Audubon museums and the posh Shops at Canal Place, along with some cheap and tatty gift stores. In the Warehouse District, around Camp St and St Joseph St, you’ll find a cluster of important museums.
- appreciate the moody landscapes at Ogden Museum of Southern Art, and then stroll around the galleries that line Julia St
- engage with the next generation of art and expression or take in a new temporary exhibi-tion at the Contemporary Arts Center, the city’s most modern museum
- watch tropical fish swim amidst Mayan ruins, otters play, penguins dive and an albino alli-gator, all while the kids lose their minds at the Aquarium of the Americas
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout