New England's Best Trips - Vermont (PDF Chapter)
This is the Vermont Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s New England’s Best Trips guidebook.
If your perfect road trip involves slow-paced meandering through verdant countryside, Vermont may feel like paradise. Mountain ridges and narrow country roads ensure an ever-present sense of adventure as you zigzag through one of America’s most uniformly bucolic landscapes.
- follow the Green Mountains north through the bucolic heart of Vermont along Route 100
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- sample Vermont’s agricultural bounty during the state’s most colourful season on the Cider Season Sampler trip
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- ramble down back roads between idyllic rural outposts and Vermont’s highest peaks on the Northeast Kingdom to Camel’s Hump trip
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Vermont’s Spine: Route 100, Cider Season Sampler, Northeast Kingdom to Camel’s Hump, Lake Champlain Byway, Southern Vermont Loop.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.