New England's Best Trips - Vermont (PDF Chapter)
The Green Mountain State’s eclectic allure combines outdoor adventure, photogenic villages and locavore eating. If your idea of the perfect road trip involves slow-paced meandering through verdant countryside, Vermont may feel like paradise.
- sample Vermont’s agricultural bounty during the state’s most colourful season
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- discover Burlington’s urban attractions and the slower-paced charms of Lake Champlain’s islands
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- visit major historical landmarks and some of Vermont’s prettiest villages
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Wilmington, Jamaica, Weston, Plymouth, Killington, Rochester, Warren, Ben & Jerry’s Factory, Stowe, Middlebury & Lincoln Gaps, Vermont Icelandic Horse Farm, Quechee, Woodstock, Bridgewater Corners, Middlebury, Shelburne, Champlain Orchards, Cambridge, Montpelier, Peacham, Cabot, St Johnsbury, Lake Willoughby, Brownington, Glover, Craftsbury Common, Smugglers Notch & Stowe, Jericho, Richmond, Huntington, South Burlington, Burlington, South Hero Island, Grand Isle, Burton Island, North Hero Island, Isle La Motte, Brattleboro, Bennington, Shaftsbury, Arlington, Hildene, Manchester, Merck Forest, Weston, Grafton, Stowe Walking Tour and Burlington Walking Tour.