New England's Best Trips - New Hampshire (PDF Chapter)
This is the New Hampshire Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s New England’s Best Trips guidebook.
The granite state is one big scenic attraction. You don’t have to drive through miles of suburbia to get to the good stuff because most of it is the good stuff: lofty peaks, shimmering lakes, crashing waterfalls and powerful rivers.
- hike to waterfalls, gorges and summits in the shadow of Mt Washington on the White Mountains Loop
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- follow New England’s great river to farms, museums and an irresistible chocolate shop on the Connecticut River Byway
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- take in trails, wildlife, drive-in movies and ice-cream shops on the family-friendly Lake Winnipesaukee loop
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: White Mountains Loop, Connecticut River Byway, Lake Winnipesaukee, Monadnock Villages, Woodland Heritage Trail.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.