New England's Best Trips - Massachusetts (PDF Chapter)
This is the Massachusetts Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s New England’s Best Trips guidebook.
City streets and cow-dotted pastures, windswept beaches and forest-covered mountains: Massachusetts offers an incredible diversity of landscapes. The state is small, but its scenery will satisfy your craving for eye candy (surely the foremost requirement for a rewarding road trip).
- take a slow, meandering route via beaches, oysters and art on the Cape Cod & the Islands trip
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- explore the New World’s earliest settlements on the Pilgrim Trail
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- cruise along the North Shore for clam shacks and coastal scenery around Cape Ann
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Cape Cod & the Islands, Pilgrim Trail, Around Cape Ann, Berkshire Back Roads, Mohawk Trail.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.