New England's Best Trips - Maine (PDF Chapter)
This is the Maine Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s New England’s Best Trips guidebook.
A coastal drive north from Portland swooshes past the legendary LL Bean flagship store, shipbuilding villages, Acadia National Park and first-in-the-nation sunrises. And we haven’t even mentioned the lighthouses and lobster shacks. Inland, scenic byways hug rivers, lakes, forests and mountains.
- spot lighthouses, lobster Shacks, maritime museums and early sunrises from Kittery to Calais on the Maritime Maine trip
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- swoop up Cadillac mountain, and roll past cliffs on mount Desert Island on the Acadia National Park trip
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- sample white-water rafting, cabinets of curiosity and logging history on the Old Canada Road
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Maritime Maine, Acadia National park, Old Canada Road, Great North Woods, Lakes Tour, Mainely Art, Moose & Mountains: Western Maine.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.