New England's Best Trips - Maine (PDF Chapter)
For travellers to Maine, a coastal drive north from Portland swooshes past the legendary LL Bean flagship store, shipbuilding villages, Acadia National Park and first-in-the-nation sunrises.
- escape into lonely backwoods to discover Maine’s largest lake and highest peak
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- canoe, bike, ski or hike – and watch out for moose – in Maine’s western mountains
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- swoop up Cadillac Mountain, and roll past cliffs on Mt Desert Island
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Kittery, Wells, Cape Elizabeth, Portland, Yarmouth, Freeport, Bath, Rockland, Pemaquid Point, Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse, Ellsworth, Lubec & Quoddy Head State Park, Saint Croix Island International Historic Site, Calais, Hulls Cove Visitor Center, Sieur de Monts Spring, Precipice Trail, Beehive Trail & Sand Beach, Jordan Pond House, Cadillac Mountain, Carriage Roads, Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse, Bar Harbor, Schoodic Peninsula, Brunswick, Hallowell, Augusta, Waterville & Winslow, LC Bates Museum, Skowhegan, Robbins Hill Scenic Area, The Forks, Jackman, Bangor, Millinocket, Baxter State Park, Katahdin Iron Works & Gulf Hagas, Dover-Foxcroft, Greenville & Moosehead Lake, Lily Bay State Park, Rockwood, Fryeburg Visitor Information Center, Fryeburg, Saco River Canoe & Kayak, Bridgton, Bridgton Twin Drive-In, Naples, Sebago Lake State Park, Portland, Belfast, Camden Hills State Park, Camden, Rockport, Bethel, Grafton Notch State Park, Rumford, Height of Land, Rangely, Rangely Lakes Trails Center, Kingfield, Sugarloaf and Portland Walking Tour.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.