New England's Best Trips - Cross Regional Classic Trips (PDF Chapter)
We’ve chosen three of our all-time favorite trips to show you the best of New England. These are our cross-regional Classic Trips – the ones that lead you to New England’s iconic sights, top activities and unique experiences.
- follow the southern New England coast for a week of whale-watching, maritime museums and sailboats
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- touring New England in search of autumn’s changing colors has become so popular that it has sprouted its own subculture of ‘leafpeepers’
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- celebrate history and education as it rolls between New England’s Ivies
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Gloucester, Salem, Marblehead, Boston, New Bedford, Newport, Mystic, Groton & New London, New Haven, Lake Candlewood, Kent, Housatonic Meadows State Park, Berkshires, Mt Greylock State Reservation, Manchester, Lake Champlain, Bretton Woods, North Conway, Kancamagus Scenic Byway, Hanover, Enfield Shaker Museum, Concord, Lowell, Concord, Cambridge and Providence.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.