New England's Best Trips - Connecticut & Rhode Island (PDF Chapter)
With lakes, orchards, vineyards and coastal cliff walks, Connecticut and Rhode Island pack a big punch – even though they’re two of the smallest states in the Union.
- visit rural and coastal vineyards with a dose of modern architecture in between
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- tour the Connecticut River, visiting castles and cruising for eagles
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- drive along a National Scenic Byway amid gorgeous pastoral scenery
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Little Compton, Tiverton, Newport, Middletown, Bristol, Providence, Prudence Island, Wickford, Jamestown, Narragansett, Block Island, Westerly, Watch Hill, Coventry, Lebanon, Norwich, Canterbury, Brooklyn, Pomfret, Woodstock, Sharpe Hill Vineyard, Greenwich, New Canaan, Shelton, New Haven, Guilford, Stonington, North Stonington, Buttonwood Farm, Hartford, Old Wethersfield, Colchester, East Haddam, Chester, Essex, Old Lyme, Norfolk, Lakeville, West Cornwall, Kent, Lake Waramaug, Bethlehem, Woodbury, Litchfield, Newport Walking Tour and New Haven Walking Tour.