New England's Best Trips - Connecticut & Rhode Island (PDF Chapter)
This is the Connecticut & Rhode Island Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s New England’s Best Trips guidebook.
Off the I-95, Connecticut’s country roads unfurl onto a landscape punctuated by scenic lakes, woodlands and state parks, pretty, pre-Colonial villages and a patchwork of farms that form the backbone of the state’s thriving farm-to-table movement.
- explore the founding days of American on a historic drive through Rhode Island
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- combine big-city culture with islands and beaches on the meandering Rhode Island: Coastal Culture trip
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- drive along a National Scenic Byway amid gorgeous pastoral scenery in Quiet Corner
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Rhode Island: East Bay, Rhode Island: Coastal Culture, Quiet Corner, Connecticut Wine Trail, Lower River Valley, Litchfield Hills Loop.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.