New England - Vermont (PDF Chapter)
This is the Vermont chapter from Lonely Planet’s New England guidebook.
Whether seen under blankets of snow, patchworks of blazing fall leaves or the exuberant greens of spring and summer, Vermont’s blend of bucolic farmland, mountains and picturesque small villages make it one of America’s most appealing states.
- saunter along the spectacular Stowe Recreation Path
- explore a 19th-century lighthouse, schoolhouse and steamship at Shelburne Museum
- gawk at the fall foliage from America’s sole surviving single chairlift at Mad River Glen
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Southern Vermont, Brattleboro, Wilmington, Bennington, Manchester, Dorset, Central Vermont, Woodstock & Quechee Village, Killington Mountain, Middlebury, Mad River Valley, Northern Vermont, Burlington, Stowe & Smugglers Notch, Montpelier, Northeast Kingdom.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.