New England - Understand New England & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the New England Today, History, New England Literature, Universities & Colleges, Directory A–Z, and Transportation chapters from Lonely Planet’s New England guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history and literature to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the regional transformation facing New England today
- info on the region’s rich literary history
- full coverage of the history of New England: 400 years of political, philosophical, industrial and technological revolution
- details on the hundreds of colleges and universities that energise the region
Coverage includes: New England Today, History, New England Literature, Universities & Colleges, Directory A–Z, and Transportation.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.