New England - Rhode Island (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rhode Island chapter from Lonely Planet’s New England guidebook.
This little wonder packs in over 400 miles of coastline with white-sand swimming beaches and some of the country’s finest historic architecture, galleries and museums. What’s more, Rhode Islanders are about as friendly as folks come.
- take a cliff-top stroll by the roaring Atlantic in Newport
- tour the palatial manors collectively known as the Newport Mansions
- celebrate the elements of water and fire in WaterFire, Providence’s urban-revival festival
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Providence, Blackstone River Valley, Woonsocket, East Bay, Bristol, Tiverton, Little Compton, Newport, Jamestown & Conanicut Island, Southern Rhode Island, Narragansett & Point Judith, Westerly & Watch Hill, Block Island.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.