New England - New Hampshire (PDF Chapter)
This is the New Hampshire chapter from Lonely Planet’s New England guidebook.
Jagged mountains, serene valleys and island-dotted lakes lurk in every corner of New Hampshire. The whole rugged state begs for exploration, whether kayaking the hidden coves of the Lakes Region or trekking the upper peaks surrounding Mt Washington.
- hike the Appalachian Trail through Crawford Notch in the White Mountains
- trundle up the world’s second-steepest railway track, Mt Washington Cog Railway
- wander Dartmouth College campus and admire José Clemente Orozco’s mural
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: New Hampshire Coast, Portsmouth, Rye & Hampton Beach, Merrimack Valley, Concord, Manchester, Monadnock Region, Peterborough, Jaffrey Center, Keene, Upper Connecticut River Valley, Hanover, Lakes Region, Meredith, Squam Lake, Wolfeboro, Weirs Beach & Laconia, White Mountains, North Woodstock & Lincoln, Kancamagus Highway, Franconia Notch State Park, Littleton & Franconia, Mt Washington Valley.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.