*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
New England - Maine (PDF Chapter)
With more lobsters, lighthouses and charming resort villages than you can shake a selfie stick at, Maine is New England at its most iconic. The sea looms large here, with jagged sea cliffs, peaceful harbors and pebbly beaches.
- explore the cafes, bars and galleries lining Portland’s 19th-century cobblestone backstreets in the Old Port District
- bag the end point of the 2190-mile-long Appalachian Trail in Baxter State Park at Mt Katahdin
- explore iconic American art in Rockland at Farnsworth Art Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Southern Maine Coast, The Yorks, Ogunquit & Wells, The Kennebunks, Portland & Around, Midcoast Maine, Brunswick, Bath & Around, Wiscasset, Boothbay Harbor, Monhegan Island, Rockland, Camden & Rockport, Belfast & Searsport, Down East, Deer Isle & Stonington, Isle au Haut, Mount Desert Island & Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park, Northeast Harbor, Southwest Harbor & Bass Harbor, Western Lakes & Mountains, Bethel, Rangeley Lake & Around and Baxter State Park.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.