New England - Connecticut (PDF Chapter)
This is the Connecticut chapter from Lonely Planet’s New England guidebook.
Rich in maritime, literary and national history, as well as the farm-to-table food movement, celebrity chefs and enough waterfalls and state parks for the most avid outdoors folk, the Nutmeg State unfolds in incredible layers the longer you stick around.
- explore world-class museums and Yale’s hopping student scene in New Haven
- delight budding mariners at Mystic Seaport Museum
- gawk at the magnificent historic collection of art and artifacts at Wadsworth Atheneum in Hartford
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hartford, Connecticut River Valley, East Haddam, Chester, Essex, Old Lyme, Southeastern Connecticut, New London, Mystic, Stonington, The Quiet Corner, New Haven, Gold Coast, Westport, Ridgefield, Housatonic Valley, Candlewood Lake, Litchfield Hills.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.