New England - Cape Cod, Nantucket & Martha's Vineyard (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cape Cod, Nantucket & Martha’s Vineyard chapter from Lonely Planet’s New England guidebook.
This trio of destinations offers a beach for every mood. You can surf a wild Atlantic wave or dip a paddle into a quiet cove. Or just chill out and watch the kids build sandcastles.
- climb dunes and bodysurf waves at the Cape Cod National Seashore
- cycle the Cape Cod Rail Trail and discover your own swimming hole
- wander the cobbled, Moby Dick–era streets of Nantucket
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cape Cod, Sandwich, Falmouth, Hyannis, Yarmouth, Dennis, Brewster, Harwich, Chatham, Orleans, Eastham, Wellfleet, Truro, Provincetown, Nantucket & Around, Nantucket Town, Siasconset, South Shore, Martha’s Vineyard, Vineyard Haven, Oak Bluffs, Edgartown, West Tisbury, Aquinnah.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation