New England - Boston (PDF Chapter)
This is the Boston chapter from Lonely Planet’s New England guidebook.
Boston’s history recalls revolution and transformation, and today the city is still among the country’s most forwardthinking and barrier-breaking cities. A history of cultural patronage means that the city’s art and music scenes continue to charm and challenge contemporary audiences.
- follow in the footsteps of patriots on the Freedom Trail
- watch the Red Sox spank the Yankees in Fenway Park
- admire the architecture of Boston’s best-loved plaza, Copley Square
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.