New England - Around Boston (PDF Chapter)
Boston may be the state capital, but it’s not the only town in eastern Massachusetts with traveler appeal. Many nearby places with rich histories, vibrant cultural scenes and unique events merit a visit. Easily accessible from Boston, most of these are ideal day-trip destinations.
- cycle through history, from Cambridge to Lexington on the Minuteman Commuter Bikeway
- hit the beaches of Gloucester, admire the art and feast on seafood
- traverse the Minute Man National Historic Park and recall the beginnings of American independence
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: West of Boston, Lexington, Concord, Lowell, North Shore, Salem, Gloucester, Rockport, Ipswich & Essex, Marblehead, Newburyport & Plum Island, South Shore, Quincy, Plymouth and New Bedford.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.