*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Nepal - The Terai & Mahabharat Range (PDF Chapter)
This is the Terai & Mahabharat Range chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nepal guide-book.
The flat, hot subtropical plains of the Terai is a vibrant mix of cultures and a prominent destination for Buddhist pilgrims around the world. Rising from the Terai is the Mahabharat Range, a region of dramatic gorges, awe-inspiring terracing and enduring mountain villages.
- take a rolling ride on an elephant to spot tigers, hornbills and rhinos in Chitwan National Park
- explore the narrow streets of medieval Tansen (Palpa) before hiking down to the aban-doned palace of Ranighat
- raft the mighty Geruwa River and follow it with a jungle walk in the wilds of Bardia National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Butwal, Tansen (Palpa) & around, Hetauda, Daman, Nepalganj, Bardia National Park, Sukla Phanta Wildlife Reserve, Mahendranagar, Narayangarh & around, Bharatpur, Chitwan National Park, Sunauli, Bhairawa, Lumbini & around, Birganj, Ja-nakpur, Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve, Biratnagar, Dharan, Hile, Ilam & around and Kakarbhit-ta.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.