*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Nepal - The Terai & Mahabharat Range (PDF Chapter)
This is the Terai & Mahabharat Range chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nepal guide-book.
The flat, hot subtropical plains of the Terai is a vibrant mix of cultures and a prominent destination for Buddhist pilgrims around the world. Rising from the Terai is the Mahabharat Range, a region of dramatic gorges, awe-inspiring terracing and enduring mountain villages.
- take a rolling ride on an elephant to spot tigers, hornbills and rhinos in Chitwan National Park
- explore the narrow streets of medieval Tansen (Palpa) before hiking down to the aban-doned palace of Ranighat
- raft the mighty Geruwa River and follow it with a jungle walk in the wilds of Bardia National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Butwal, Tansen (Palpa) & around, Hetauda, Daman, Nepalganj, Bardia National Park, Sukla Phanta Wildlife Reserve, Mahendranagar, Narayangarh & around, Bharatpur, Chitwan National Park, Sunauli, Bhairawa, Lumbini & around, Birganj, Ja-nakpur, Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve, Biratnagar, Dharan, Hile, Ilam & around and Kakarbhit-ta.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.