*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Nepal - Pokhara (PDF Chapter)
This is the Pokhara chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nepal guidebook.
With spectacular scenery, adventure activities, accommodation and food choices galore, laid-back Pokhara ticks all the right boxes. Pokhara houses a world-famous Gurkha soldier mu-seum, is the gateway to Annapurna Range treks and is arguably the best paragliding venue on the globe.
- wake up to a spectacular mountain panorama at Sarangkot as the rising sun illuminates the Himalaya
- paddle a colourful boat out to the middle of Phewa Tal to reveal a magical reflection of Machhapuchhare and its surrounding peaks
- climb a forest trail to the dazzling white World Peace Pagoda for a bird’s-eye view of Pokhara
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Pokhara & around, Sarangkot, Bat Cave, Mahendra Gufa, Begnas Tal, Rupa Tal, Beni, Tatopani, Marpha, Jomsom & around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.