Nepal - Pokhara (PDF Chapter)
This is the Pokhara chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nepal guidebook.
Pokhara ticks all the right boxes, with spectacular scenery, adventure activities, and accom-modation and food choices galore. Whether you’ve returned from a three-week trek or endured a bus trip from hell, Lakeside Pokhara is the perfect place to recharge your batteries.
- wake up to a spectacular panorama as the rising sun illuminates the Himalayas at Sa-rangkot
- paddle a colourful boat out to the middle of Phewa Tal to reveal a magical reflection of Machhapuchhare and its surrounding peaks
- climb a forest trail to the dazzling white World Peace Pagoda for a bird’s-eye view of Pokhara
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Pokhara & Around, Sarangkot, Begnas Tal & Rupa Tal, Beni & Around, Tatopani & Around, Marpha & Around, Jomsom & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.