*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.Our warehouse is closed March 28-30th too, in case you were wondering.
Nepal - Kathmandu Valley & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kathmandu Valley & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nepal guidebook.
The 2015 earthquake took its toll on Kathmandu Valley’s medieval villages and sacred sites, but there is still a huge amount to see, from centuries-old temples to Himalayan viewpoints and two adventurous roads to Tibet.
- lose yourself in the courtyards of Patan on a walking tour, soak in the glorious Newari archi-tecture of its Durbar Square and visit Patan Museum, the best in the country
- explore the fascinating backstreets of Bhaktapur, where grand Newari temples still stand despite the 2015 quake
- join the Tibetan exiles on the kora (clockwise ritual circuit) around the enormous Bodhnath Stupa
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Hikes, the Ring Road, Pashupatinath, Chabahil, Bodhnath (Boudha), Kopan Monastery, the Northern Valley, the Northwestern Valley, Ichangu Narayan, Nagarjun Hill (Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park), Budhanilkantha, Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park, Patan, Bhaktapur & around, Suriya Binayak Temple, Thimi, Changu Narayan Tem-ple, the Northeastern Valley, Gokarna Mahadev, Gokarna Forest, Sankhu, the Southern Valley, Kirtipur, Chobar, Pharping & around, Bungamati, Khokana, Chapagaon, Godavari & around, the Valley Fringe, Nagarkot, Banepa, Dhulikhel, Panauti & around, Beyond the Valley, Arniko Highway to Tibet and the Road to Langtang.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.