Nepal - Kathmandu to Pokhara (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kathmandu to Pokhara chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nepal guide-book.
While many travellers head directly from Kathmandu to Pokhara, missing out on some of Nepal’s finer attractions. This includes the historic town of Bandipur, a lovingly restored, pic-ture-postcard village offering European ambience in the middle of gorgeous Nepalese vistas.
- step back in time among the Newari houses of historic Bandipur, set on the ancient trade route to India
- ride the majestic cable car to the mountaintop Manakamana Temple
- scramble into the gloom to see spectacular stalactites and stalagmites at Siddha Gufa, Ne-pal’s largest cave
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Trisuli River to Abu Khaireni, Manakamana, Gorkha, Bandipur, Dumre.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.