*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Nepal - Kathmandu (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kathmandu chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nepal guidebook.
A riot of sights, sounds and smells - stroll through the backstreets and Kathmandu’s timeless cultural and artistic heritage will reveal itself in hidden temples overflowing with marigolds, court-yards full of drying chillies and rice, and tiny hobbit-sized workshops.
- chill out in one of the rooftop garden restaurants in Thamel with a good book, a pot of ma-sala tea and a slice of chocolate cake
- soak up the amazing architectural monuments of Old Kathmandu, an artistic and architec-tural tradition that rivals the great cities of Europe
- dine on momos (dumplings) and wild boar to the beat of madal (drums) and bansari (flutes) at one of the city’s superb Newari restaurants
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Kathmandu and Swayambhunath & around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.