No code necessary. See terms.
Nepal - Kathmandu (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Kathmandu chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nepal guidebook.
A riot of sights, sounds and smells - stroll through the backstreets and Kathmandu’s timeless cultural and artistic heritage will reveal itself in hidden temples overflowing with marigolds, court-yards full of drying chillies and rice, and tiny hobbit-sized workshops.
- chill out in one of the rooftop garden restaurants in Thamel with a good book, a pot of ma-sala tea and a slice of chocolate cake
- soak up the amazing architectural monuments of Old Kathmandu, an artistic and architec-tural tradition that rivals the great cities of Europe
- dine on momos (dumplings) and wild boar to the beat of madal (drums) and bansari (flutes) at one of the city’s superb Newari restaurants
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Kathmandu and Swayambhunath & around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.